Tobacco Free Broome and Tioga is a partnership of community-based organizations and individuals who are committed to building healthier communities through tobacco-free living.
We are continually expanding our membership and invite you to join us. Current members include:
For more than 10 years, our mission has been to reduce the use of tobacco among adolescents and adults through community programs in prevention, cessation, advocacy, and education. Our goals are to:
- Eliminate exposure to second hand smoke.
- Decrease the social acceptability of tobacco use.
- Increase cessation opportunities.
- Prevent the initiation of tobacco use among youth and young adults.
How we Accomplish our Goals:
- Educate the public and community stakeholders about the risks of tobacco use, exposure to secondhand smoke, and the effect of tobacco industry marketing on children and youth.
- Conduct media and public relations campaigns to raise awareness about tobacco control issues and promote cessation.
- Provide technical assistance to businesses, agencies, municipalities and others regarding development and implementation of tobacco-free policies in indoor and outdoor environments.
Tobacco Free Broome and Tioga subscribes to the recommended CDC Conceptual Framework and Best Practices for Comprehensive Tobacco Control Programs guidelines.
Tobacco Free Broome Coalition
Broome County Health Department
225 Front Street
Binghamton, NY 13905
Tobacco Free New York State
Working to make New York a healthier place to live, work, and play! Check out the the tobacco control initiatives and important information & materials in NY at tobaccofreenys.org/